This week I am co-hosting a week-long, bobble SPORT reusable water bottle giveaway with a wonderful group of mom bloggers from across the United States. I LOVE these bottles, and you will too!
Growing up as a girl, bottled water that you bought at a store was a thing of the future, instead we just drank straight from the tap. However, in 2014, drinking bottled water is more mainstream, and with that comes a whole host of environmental and health concerns that we may tend to overlook.
- Making bottles to meet America’s demand for bottled water uses more than 17 million barrels of oil annually, enough to fuel 1.3 million cars for a year. And that’s not even including the oil used for transportation.
- The energy we waste using bottled water would be enough to power 190,000 homes.
- Last year, the average American used 167 disposable water bottles, but only recycled 38.3.
- Americans used about 50 billion plastic water bottles last year. However, the U.S.’s recycling rate for plastic is only 23 percent, which means 38 billion water bottles – more than $1 billion worth of plastic – are wasted each year.
- The recommended eight glasses of water a day, at U.S. tap rates equals about $.49 per year; that same amount of bottled water is about $1,400.
So What Can We Do ?
Using reusable water bottles is a HUGE step in the right direction. Fill up your bottle with water from the tap! What if you do not like the taste or worry about impurities? Try it with a filter like in the new bobble SPORT bottle.
Introducing the bobble SPORT
The new bobble SPORT bottle is a hydrated water filtration system which uses a replaceable carbon filter, in effect removing chlorine and impurities from standard tap water. Each replaceable bobble filter equates to 300 single-serve bottles!
As the name suggests, the bobble SPORT is perfect for a busy on-the-go lifestyle, use it at the gym, or fit it perfectly into your stroller cup holder as you run your way through the day’s errands.
It has a molded in-grip feature, comes in seven pretty colors, is made in the USA, is dishwasher safe, and has a carry cap lid so you do not lose it, which personally is really handy for me as I always lose lids. It is also free of BPA, phthalates and PVC.
By drinking just under four, 22 ounce water filled bobble SPORT a day, you will easily hit the suggested 8 cup a day minimum intake of water – easy peasy!
First place winner will win a prize package which retails for $75, including a bobble hoodie, a bobble sports top, a bobble gym bag and a bobble SPORT bottle.
While 2 additional winners will win a bobble SPORT bottle, valued at $12.
Otherwise, through December the 31st, bobble is offering 20% off on their website, using the code GIVEFUN.
If you are one of the winners, bobble will send out the prize to you direct from their warehouse.
This giveaway starts at midnight on Sunday December the 14th and ends on Sunday December the 21st at midnight EST. It is open to the USA only.
Good Luck, and thanks for stopping by!
Disclaimer: The participating blogs, and NYCJenny are not responsible for sponsors who do not fulfill their prizes.